1. Plus or minus 200 days, how many days are there in a millennium?
2. Which Broadway musical was based on T.H. White's novel The Once and Future King?
3. The four Germans, Marlene Dietrich, Albert Einstein, Karl Marx and Karlheinz Stockhausen can all be seen in the same place. Where is that?
4. Which European explorer was the first to discover New Zealand on his voyage of 1642?
5. Miss Rottenmeier is a very strict and pedantic housekeeper in which book or films?
6. English chemist John Dalton published the first scientific paper on which common deficiency in 1798? (Clue: Although seen to some as being a disability, it can be highly advantageous to the armed forces at night)
7. Who fell head over heels in love with Anne Darrow?
8. What is a North African Wadi?
9. Which day of the week is named after the Norse god of single combat?
10. One liners. We give you one line from a song from the year 1985, you have to tell us the title of the song and the name of the artist that scored a hit with that song in 1985. (In the case of cover versions, who had a hit in 1985)
a: There are people dying and it's time to lend a hand to life
b: So needless to say I'm odds and ends
c: I gotta take a little time, a little time to think things over
d: Boy you've got to prove your love to me
e: Through these fields of destruction, baptisms of fire
f: And the beat's so loud, deep inside, the presure's high, just to stay alive
g: I was dreaming of the past and my heart was beating fast
h: I walk into an empty room And suddenly my heart goes "boom"!
i: Come on, I'm talking to you, come on
j: Try and understand it, make a noise and make it clear
k: Yeah I, I got to know your name
l: And if I only could, I'd make a deal with God
m: You take a piece of me with you
n: So they put a rifle in my hand, sent me off to a foreign land to go and kill the yellow man
11. Cape Hatteras is located in North Carolina and is America's tallest what?
12. The first double LP was released in 1966 and was titled Freak Out. Name the band. clue, in song, they "were at the best place around"
13. Which famous symbol contains the semaphoric letters N and D?
14. Which giant of a man lends his name to the largest frog in the world?
15. Burj Dubai (Dubai Tower) is a supertall skyscraper under construction in Dubai and is the tallest man-made structure ever built. Plus or minus 50 metres (or plus or minus 150 feet), how tall is it?
16. What did 80,000 men cut to build Solomon's Temple?
17. What is inside popcorn that makes it pop?
18. What is David Cornwell's pen name?
19. Versailles palace and St Paul's cathedral in London are both examples of which style of architecture?
20. The first Gold single in the USA was in 1958. The artist was Perry Como. Name the song.
21. Which zone varies from batter to batter in baseball?
22. Which modern game was inspired by the North American Indian game BAGGATAWAY?
1. 365,242.199 days - roughly speaking it's 365,250 days = (365 x 1000) + 1000/4, since a leap year occurs every four years but years divisible by 100 are not leap years.
3. On the cover of the Beatles Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album
4. Abel Tasman
5. Heidi (Heidi's Years of Wandering and Learning)
6. Colour blindness - colour blind individuals are better at penetrating camouflages
7. King Kong
8. Dried out river bed
9. Tuesday (the Norse god Tyr)
a: USA for Africa - We are the world
b: A-Ha - Take on me
c: Foreigner - I want to know what love is
d: Madonna - Into the groove
e: Dire Straits - Brothers in arms
f: Glen Frey - The heat is on
g: John Lennon - Jealous Guy
h: Eurythmics - There Must Be an Angel (Playing with My Heart)
i: Tears for Fears - Shout
j: John Farnham - You're The Voice
k: Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
l: Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill
m: Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
n: Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A.
12. Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention. In the song Smoke on the water "Frank Zappa and the mothers were at the best place around"
13. The 1960s peace symbol. N for Nuclear and D for disarmament
15. 818 m (2,684 ft)
16. The cedars of Lebanon
18. John le Carre
20. Catch a falling star
21. The Strike zone